A global forum connecting research with action on 29 and 30 June at Plymouth University.
Sustainable Earth 2017 offers the opportunity for researchers, businesses, NGOs, community groups and individuals to come together to hear inspirational speakers and join in with creative workshops designed to spark ideas and encourage collaborations to tackle global challenges. The themes for this event are based on the Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF). GCRF is a £1.5 billion fund announced by the UK Government to support cutting-edge research that addresses the challenges faced by developing countries.
For businesses in particular, the event offers the opportunity to meet academics and hear the latest sustainability research from across University of Plymouth, whilst building links for future research collaborations and funding bids. You’ll also have the chance to meet with other like-minded industry representatives, community groups, charities and non-governmental organisations through marketplace discussions and networking opportunities.
Guest speakers include:
- Professor Hugh Montgomery (Head of the Centre for Human Health and Performance, University College London)
- Lord O’Neill of Gatley (Chair, UK Government Review on Antimicrobial Resistance)
- Meaghan Ramsey (Partner, Brunswick Group)
- Owen Gaffney (Director, International Media and Strategy at Stockholm Resilience Centre)
- Professor Chris Rapley (Professor of Climate Science, University College London)
- Dr David Pencheon (Director, NHS Sustainable Development Unit)
- Jonathan Renouf (Executive Producer, BBC)