The Institute of Export & International Trade in partnership with University of Plymouth are hosting the South West Summit: Blueprint for a Global Britain on Thursday 6th July.
Aimed at businesses in the South West who are working in international trade.
The Summit will examine the issues and opportunities in accessing new markets and the debate will help to shape the future of international trade.
In an ever changing business environment, the Institute is working to raise the skills of those involved in international trade by engaging with business and government to explore some of the opportunities that are available to South West business.
Thursday 6th July – 9am-5pm, University of Plymouth
- 9.00am Registration and coffee
Morning session: Brexit and International Trade
- 9.30am Welcome by Lesley Batchelor OBE, IOE&IT and Professor Jingjing Xu, University of Plymouth
- 9.45am Stephen Dilley, Partner at Bond Dickinson - ‘Brexit and the law’
- 10.05am Siddharth Mukne, Regional Head at UK India Business Council - ‘India Market & Why Export to India’
- 10.25am John Worthington, CEO at IBT Online - ‘Grow your sales, brand and business online globally’
- 10.45am Coffee break
- 11.00am Debate: ‘Passive to proactive - changing the outlook of the South West’
- 12.00pm Iman El Sherif, Secretary General at the Egyptian-British Chamber of Commerce ‘The gateway to Egypt’
- 12.20pm Dr Lise Hunter, University of Plymouth - ‘UK Enabling Trade index and impact after Brexit’
- 12.40pm Richard Holt, Director at Creative Innovation Centre CIC - ‘The Design Industries: UK as a global leader in business innovation development and improved productivity’
- 1.00pm Lunch
Afternoon session: Enabling the South West International Trade Performance
- 2.15pm Welcome by Professor Judith Petts, Vice Chancellor University of Plymouth
- 2.20pm Keynote speaker: Lord Green of Hurstpierpoint, President of the IOE&IT
- 2.40pm Tim Jones, Chairman of Devon & Cornwall Business Council - ‘Artificial Intelligence - Threat or opportunity for UK in new international markets’
- 3.00pm Miles Carden, Aerohub Cornwall - ‘Space Cornwall - launching a new pioneering technology revolution in the South West’
- 3.20pm Coffee break
- 3.35pm Dr Andreas Walmsley, University of Plymouth - ‘Enterprise education and regional support after Brexit’
- 3.55pm Alastair Ross, Director at Codexx Associates Ltd - ‘Innovating product and service value for global markets’
- 4.15pm Janakan Sothinathan, University of Plymouth – ‘Investigating the effects of internationalisation on the innovation of SMEs in emerging markets’
- 4.45pm Concluding remarks
- 5.00pm Drinks reception & Networking
IOE&IT Members - £25 + VAT
Non Members - £50 + VAT
Book your place now at www.export.org.uk/SWSummit.