Working with SMEs across Devon to access graduate talent.
STEM Graduates into Business
This three-year project, part-funded by the ERDF, aims to incentivise and support innovative Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) working across Devon to employ a science, technology, engineering or maths (STEM) graduate intern. Through the six or twelve month internship, the SME will benefit from employing a graduate who will help the business to realise innovative products, processes or services.
Support from the project is by way of advice around graduate recruitment and vacancy design, free vacancy advertising on graduate jobs boards, social media and through links with strategic partners. Additionally, there is a payment of between £1,800-£3,600 to offset some of the costs of employing the graduate.
Benefits to SME
- Access to fresh and innovative ideas
- Bespoke support in creating eye-catching vacancies, advertised via graduate job portals
- Flexible staffing model to help the business realise key projects
- Potentially identify future talent for your business
- Support graduate retention in order to benefit regional economic growth
Benefits to Graduates
- Paid internships, full-time hours, for 6-12 months
- Gain invaluable real-life work experience and enhance your CV
- Discover the many benefits of working for an SME
- Opportunity to work within your subject of study in the region
Contact STEM Graduates into Business
Room 209, 3 Endsleigh Place, University of Plymouth, Drake’s Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA