Who’s it for?
Most businesses are eligible for a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) as long as they can show that the scheme would transform their organisation in making it more competitive and productive on the market.
What does it offer to businesses?
- Three way partnership between a business seeking expertise, an academic institution (such as Plymouth University) and a recently qualified graduate/postgraduate.
- A recently qualified graduate/post graduate working full time as a KTP Associate.
- Improve business performance and become more competitive and productive through University of Plymouth academic support plus facilities.
- £60k increase in pre-tax profit during the lifetime of the project.
- An average increase in pre-tax profit of £600k per annum for the three years following completion of a KTP project.
- A potential new employee - 64% of KTP Associates are offered a permanent job in the company when the project is completed.
- Businesses who invest in R&D grow twice as fast and have higher exports compared to non-innovators.
How does it work?
- KTP is a UK-wide programme that has been running for 40 years
- A KTP Specialist Advisor from the University of Plymouth will work closely with the business to define a project idea as well as prepare and submit their grant application.
- The KTP would be supervised by Plymouth University throughout the partnership.
- Each project must be strategic in its aim and run from between 12 and 36 months.
- KTPs are funded by a KTP grant and monthly contributions from the partnering businesses.
- KTPs cost on average, £80k per year with SMEs contributing on average £27k and large organisations £40k – the rest is funded by the KTP grant.
- Online submission – 6 to 7 per annum.
- Full pre and post award support by KTP Office.
- Available for many sizes and types of organisation that demonstrate innovation, impact and challenge for all parties participating on a KTP.
How do businesses take part?
To find out more about how KTP can support your organisation, contact the Enterprise Solutions Team on 0800 052 5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.